LAGOS CITY GUIDE TO IKEJA ON A WEEKEND

7:15 am



Hey guys! I'm back I know I've been so silent on the blog lately but if you follow my Instagram you'd know I've been quite active there. I have been focusing on my Instagram and twitter, posting regular day to day pictures because sometimes blog pictures can seem so far fetched and refined so I wanted to make myself more relatable.
A lot of times people ask me if I live in Ikeja, I don't but I do spend an awful lot of time in Ikeja. I love Ikeja because if the true representation of Lagos, it is the capital of the city after all. If you're not too busy taking in the real hustle and bustle of Lagos, there are a good number of things you can get up to.

Here's my guide to a perfect a weekend in Ikeja.

SATURDAY


Image source: Foodie in Lagos
10am  I'm a sucker for a good Saturday breakfast, it's the first step to having a great weekend don't you think?. I have visited loads of breakfast spots in Ikeja and I have a soft spot for Orchid Bistro in Ikeja GRA Maybe its the little garden sit out or the warm ambiance but A full English breakfast and strong coffee ought to get you started. If you fancy driving to Alausa, Ikeja City Mall, Bheerhugz cafe actually has an underrated breakfast menu.

12pm Since you're already at the mall, why not go in to catch a movie real, quick? Wonder Woman perhaps.

1pm You cannot go to Ikeja without checking out computer village. I like to walk by computer village to get inspiration. That the hub of electronic devices and a general hustle location. Be careful and cautious the boys there are smart and quick.

2pm Take a yellow cab to Ikeja underbridge and take in the gorgeous Lagos at 50 street art, Walk up the bridge too there's better lighting for your pictures and standing canoes with paintings in them!

After all the walking and touristing , a quick recharge is necessary at Fruitsfusion Isaac John.

5pm I'm a foodie, and by now its way past lunch time, so I'm thinking Domino's pizza is a good place to relax and eat.

8pm Its Karaoke time!! La Mango host cocktails and Karaoke Night every saturday, R cafe (formerly Rodizio) also has fine dining and Karaoke every weekend night, So it's up to you, to pick where to have fun to the max.

11pm It's been a good day yes? If you're still up, Club Uno is definitely up too!

SUNDAY

12pm After church I love relaxing on sunday afternoons with good views and good food, Pool Terrace is my recommendation. They have a menu of Nigerian and Mexican delicacies.


3pm After lunch, take time out to treat your body to a session at Bliss The Spa, trust me you'll love it!

Now you should be all revved up for the week and ready to take on the world! That's my idea of a perfect weekend. What do you like to do in Ikeja? Share in the comment box. 

If you're in Lagos or plan on visiting Lagos, Ikeja should be on your list. You have a full weekend of fun ahead!!


xx
Mary

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Don't go yet, Leave a comment

PRESS

PRESS

Moodboard